Pages

Saturday, May 25, 2013

Some good Indian chicken to take away in van.

Hello again.  Thought I would get ready for the van trip with a bit of cooking so we have something to just heat when we want it. I had this ancient recipe of Indian Chicken from a book my oldest sister gave me decades ago. I think she was living in Canada at the time ☺ I have made it a bit healthier by just using spray oil (no butter or excess oil). Couple of onions fried up......

Chicken thigh fillets lightly floured and fried up with spray and put in casserole dish.

Add this little mix of flour, curry powder, ginger and hint of salt to the onions.

Looking good ☺

Then in goes some honey, soy sauce and with 3cups of stock.

Stir and simmer till thickens.

Pour over the fillets and into the oven for an hour at 180 Celsius.
Great and tasty. Going to divide it into 6 portions in those zip lock sandwich bags and freeze then just thaw and heat whilst we are away, yum. 

Been working on some more crochet fingerless mitts, so addictive lol.
Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you for dropping in to say hello too.
xoxo ☺♥

No comments:

Post a Comment