Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Rolling along with the fifth wheeler

Well, have you missed me.....we hitched up and took a random trip away ☺☺

First place we stayed was free camping with drop loo and nice river nearby 

There were a few tenting it under the bridge 


We took a walk down to the MacAlister River 

Quite low in this area 


Boy was it sure hot lol 


Looking from the bridge down to Winnie 


Looking both ways on the bridge and if you zoom in you will see 3 ladies paddling down the river on blowup rings etc 

Needed a nice frozen lemon block in my chai seed drink.....have you tried chai seeds? 

Thank fully some cool wind came through and a bit of rain so we had a fairly peaceful sleep

On Monday we drove on to our next spot near Dargo 

There were a few other campers but no where near us and we were next to the Dargo river 

We had a couple of dips in there as again stinking HOT lol 

Had a nice relaxing read of this 

And enjoyed a coffee with some incense burning to keep flys away 

Also had the fan blowing on us lol Those solar panels on the roof keep our lithium batteries super charged ☺☺

My lovely steak prawn dinner with coleslaw.....still liking the low carb way 

Took a pic of these 2 the following morning 

There was a bit of rain happening 

So on Tuesday we headed to Lakes Entrance to park at van park 


Still no need to unhitch as walking distance to everything 

Right next to tennis courts lol 

And the bins.....cost us $30!!

But a nice sunset 

On Wednesday we hit the road again 

Climbing up through the mountains 


We then turned up this road which leads to Falls Creek 


Fun steepness 

and weather getting nice and cool 

Rock Valley lake info here   plenty of aquatic fun and fishing here 



And temp was 13 so a tad chilly in my light clothing lol 

But the view is neat 


We stopped for late lunch at the view to Mt Bogong......My brother Robbie was also out with his van so we spoke and I found out he was still parked at my other sisters place so we headed there......

And managed to park easily with a reverse through there narrow driveway

It is a lovely house and nice to be able to visit but she was not here......

But there is Robbie 

His and Lynn's van parked out back under shady trees 

Cute little house in the back yard, me and Lynn reckon we would be happy setting this up for sewing/crochet/knit etc ☺☺☺

On Thursday we headed off with them to another camp area and stopped at Yarrawonga for lunch......Paul's mixed grill 

And my pork rump, no I did not eat all the chips, maybe 1 or 3 

Then we parked our rigs here next to the Murray River just out of Yarrawonga called Forges bend No. 2 free with drop loo too 

They setup near us 

Lovely spot and further down my post I have added photo's I took with my old camera 

On Friday we drove to Echuca and parked at the golf club and they went to a van park  


The club has a courtesy bus so we took advantaged and took it into town 

At the Port they have this engine waiting 

To be reinstated into a steaming extra 

We enjoyed a platter to share for lunch 

On Saturday we caught up again with Rob at the Port....he is relaxing enjoying the view 

And Lynn was busy taking pics ☺☺

Paddle steamer on the move 

Woody had a very relaxing time and did not get in any other photos lol 

Now the next lots of pics are random snaps on our trip using my old big camera ☺☺

This was me testing the old camera out on the Dargo River spot 


We did not use this, but handy to know this camping spot has options 


Taking a pic without zoom 

And then zoomed to the drop loo 

All the windows opening catching any breezed we could as it was HOT 

Love my Ahnu sandles, so comfy 

And lovely Lynn helped get these great full moon pics

None of that eclipse we were too busy sleeping lol 


Back on the Murray 

Slight zoom in on boat people 

And I spied this bird.....there were Ibis near by but I could tell this was NOT an Ibis, otherwise none as Bin Chicken.....google it 

And from this slight blurred pic I could see what I thought was a spoon bill........

I was right.....it flew over to land near us in this tree....so Lynn did her good photo skills for me 


It soon flew off with the Ibis and wonder how it could survive in a tip with them lol 

We said goodbye to the Murray and also goodbye to my dear bro and sis xoxo 

And a video of  Paddle steamer on the Murray River 


Great time out there and now back home but heading to city to do some Granny duty Friday.
☺☺


2 comments:

  1. Wow.. you got around this time, didn't you? I liked the McAlister River as that's my great great great Grandfather's name. All the rivers you saw look nice and clean. I'm glad you got to see your brother! Looks like a grand time was had by all. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes such a good strong name Teresa xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete