Pages

Friday, September 14, 2012

Interesting vegetables and crochet lens cover

How interesting do these vegetables look!!  Have read about purple potato's and carrots before but never tried them.  So, thought I would pick up one of each for us to have with some chicken wings.

Prepared them with Rosemary and Garlic and a hint of oil. When cutting them we both had a sniff and even though they look like beetroot, which the man hates, they smelt just like a carrot and potato lol.

The man had prepared a Thai beef salad earlier in the day link here which we had already sampled and was yum and thought we would also have a bit of that with the meal.

Cooked wings and the purple potato and carrot, very very nice indeed. Give them a go if you don't mind looking at the wrong colours lol.

I thought it was about time I improved my lens cap for the new camera which you can see is a cut down stubby holder. Those who don't know a stubby holder is what you put your cold can or stubby (small bottle) of beer in to keep cold whilst drinking it ☺☺

Picked some leftover variegated wool and hook.

Looking down on the lens cap cover now glued to the stubby piece.

And another view to show I left room so it will fit nicely on the camera lens.
A nice rest from doing that blanket that is consuming me.
Hope you all have a good weekend, I am off to visit my Mum and also see my girl too ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment