Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Sabotage in the garden and bits and pieces

Hey there ☺ Look at what happened to my Rosemary bush while away......dead in the middle, not from lack of water or over water, very puzzling and have now trimmed it back. Thank goodness part of it (the green you can see) survived. Oh well.

The Sage and Thyme are thriving as is the 

Basil

Aloe Vera, mint and succulents 

And the lemon tree has gone mad with growth ☺

I have been doing a bit of crochet, these are for someone who has just had a birthday if I ever finish them lol 


And the Granny Stripe blanket has come along well.


In fact, it is completed!! Now to gift it in a few months.

And look what came on my computer screen on Monday!! Yay, google wishing me a happy birthday lol 
I was born in 57 and am now 57, neat. I got quite a few cards and HEAPS of msgs via facebook, sms, emails

My dear Mum who is 89 makes cards for most family members and look at this one she did for me.....ALICE COOPER, she knows I have loved him and his music since I was 15 so very special of her to do, as she is NOT  a fan lol

And who is this lurking outside our kitchen window?

A Meerkat whom I have called Mack. One of my sister's gave him to me for my birthday. He has a solar panel and the little lantern he holds lights up at night ☺ He now hangs out with the chickens who also light up in the dark, sheep and lizard on the shelf.

Another blogger I know is going through a kitchen renovation which her hubby and her are doing and thought I would share our bathroom which is in need of a MAJOR redo sometime this year

Got to love the archway to the bath and how about all the tiles missing. I bought the house like this and well, we have fixed up the toilet and kitchen and also had whole house re carpeted so this job is next on our to do list.
How has your week been and are you doing any fun things?
Take care and see you soon
I am catching up with some close friends this weekend and looking forward to that.
☺☺♥♥ xoxo



4 comments:

  1. You have been busy! I just planted some new flowers, and am puzzling why my lavender plant that was so happy now looks dead...like some of your rosemary...a mystery! Happy Birthday, Wendy! I am so glad your family and friends helped you celebrate. And I love your blanket and your current crochet project! I also loved your memory of your dad using California Poppy hair tonic. Thanks for sharing...and happy remodeling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. *H*A*P*P*Y* * *B*I*R*T*H*D*A*Y*!*!*!* my friend! I am impressed with your blanket.. I loved making mine. Your garden is doing very well! I tried basil but the slugs ate it right up. ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday! I love that card, how funny that she made it for you. Alice Cooper is funny, I like him too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 57th Wendy. I apologize for my tardiness. The hubby's birthday is April 9th. Now there's another reason I like you so much!

    ReplyDelete